The AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research. In support of this mission, the San Luis Obispo Branch of AAUW awards scholarships annually to re-entry students who have completed one year or more at Cuesta College.
The scholarship amount has grown to $1500 annually. Beginning in 2020, any Cuesta student who meets the qualifications is invited to apply.
The Scholarship and Loan Committee manages the application, selection, and funding of all awards. These scholarships are funded by an endowment that was originally conceived in 1990. The committee is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization.
To qualify, the applicant must:
- Have resided in San Luis Obispo County for at least two (2) years
- Be at least twenty-five (25) years old
- Be able to demonstrate economic need
- Be a re-entry student (interrupted post-high school education)
- Be currently enrolled at Cuesta College
- Plan to attend Cuesta for at least two (2) additional semesters
- Have some vision of where they will be five (5) years from now
The application package is available at Cuesta Financial Aid Offices, or download a copy here: