The AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research. In support of this mission, the San Luis Obispo Branch of AAUW awards scholarships annually to women who have completed one year or more at Cuesta College. The scholarship amount has grown to $1500 annually.
The Scholarship and Loan Committee manages the scholarship application, selection, and funding of all awards. This scholarship is funded by an endowment that was originally conceived in 1990 and the committee is a 501(c)3 charitable organization.
To qualify, the applicant must be a woman who:
- Has resided in San Luis Obispo County for at least two (2) years
- Is at least twenty-five (25) years old
- Is able to demonstrate economic need
- Is a re-entry student (interrupted post-high school education)
- Is currently enrolled at Cuesta College
- Plans to attend Cuesta for at least two (2) additional semesters
- Has some vision of where she sees herself five (5) years from now
The application package is available at Cuesta Financial Aid Offices, or download a copy here: 2019 Cuesta Scholarship Application.