Saturday, June 1st, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Home of DD Patrick
Annual End of Year Dues Due Potluck Brunch.
Please join us for our annual end of year gathering.
The San Luis Obispo branch was organized in 1943 and has been a vital part of the community for over 65 years.
The branch was instrumental in the creation of Mission Plaza and the Art Center of San Luis Obispo. We also initiated Art Park, a summer arts program for children, and were founding members of the SLO County Women’s Legacy Fund. We continue to sponsor candidates’ and issue forums.
Today the branch consists of more than 70 women from varied backgrounds who promote the Association’s goals.
Our current community actions include:
- Tech Trek: is a math and science camp for middle school girls
- Adopt-a-Poll: staffing a voting site during elections
- San Luis Obispo High School Scholarships: our branch raises money to provide scholarships for college-bound high school girls.
- Scholarship & Loan Committee: was created to assist re-entry students at Cuesta College. The Committee is a 501(c)3 charitable organization.
- Support for the Educational Foundation: Provides fellowships and grants to women for graduate study and community action
- Support for Legal Advocacy Fund: Provides support for women seeking judicial redress for sex discrimination in academia and the workplace
- Friends of the Library/AAUW In-School Reading Program: Volunteers read with children in a classroom setting to provide literacy experiences that encourage, support, and celebrate children’s efforts to learn to read.
Branch meetings are generally held once a month on either Monday evening or Saturday during the day at various locations around town. These monthly programs provide opportunities for members to discuss and learn about critical issues affecting women and the community. For more details on upcoming programs please see the programs page. All meetings are open to the public. If you would like to talk to a branch representative before attending a meeting, please feel free to contact us.
We also have a variety of special interest groups you may enjoy. These include two bridge groups, two book clubs, craft group, hiking, and dining out. Please join us!
Follow us on Twitter @AAUWSLO